Statement of Faith
We believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God, infallible and inerrant in the original writings:
- There is only one Living and True God, Maker of Heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible; and in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, who was with God in the beginning, (John 1:1-2, 14; I John 1:1-2); and in the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of Truth which proceeds from the Father and Son and is equal with the Father and Son (I John 5:7), and is a gift to the believer (Luke 11:13; John 14:16-17; John 14:26; John 15:26; Acts 1:4-5; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:17-18, 33, 39).
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ and that He suffered, was crucified, died and buried, the third day He arose again, He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of the Father; and His return is imminent in order to judge the quick and dead (Matthew 1:18-25; Mark 16; Luke 23:32-29; Luke 24; Matthew 24:29-31; Matthew 25:31-46; II Thessalonians 1:7-10; I Peter 4:5-6; Revelations 1:1-7; Daniel 7:13-14; Zechariah 14:1-5; Revelations 19:11-21; Revelations 20:11-15).
- Satan, a fallen angel, is the adversary of God and man (Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:12-15; Matthew 4:1-11; II Corinthians 11:14; I Peter 5:8).
- Man was created in the image of God and sinned, bringing death to all mankind in his fall (Genesis 1:26-27, 2:7, 3:1-19; Romans 5:12-14; I Corinthians 15:21-22).
- We believe in repentance from sin, in the atonement by the substitutionary death and shed blood of Jesus Christ for the propitiation of the sins of the world (Matthews 4:17; John 19:34; Romans 5:6-10; II Corinthians 5: 14-15, 17-19; Hebrews 9:14-22; I Peter 1:18-21).
- Salvation is by grace through personal faith in Jesus Christ, thereby experiencing the new birth (Ephesians 2:8; John 1:11-13, John 3:1-17; I Peter 1:18-23).
- We believe in baptism by immersion in water (Matthew 3:13-17; Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:15-16; John 3:22-26; Acts 2:38).
- We believe in the baptism, filling and indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 3:11-12; Mark 1:8; Luke 3:16-17; John 7:38-39; John 14:16-17,26; Acts 1:4; Joel 2:28; Acts 2:1-4, 17-18, 38-39; Acts 4:31; Acts 8:14-17; Acts 10:44-48; Acts 19:1-7).
- We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit in the church (I Corinthians 12:4-14; Romans 15:13, 18-19; I Corinthians 1:4-7, I Corinthians 2:4-5, I Corinthians 4:20; Ephesians 4:8; II Timothy 1:6).